Three of my best friends are Engineers so I’m used to that, but how many of us can say we are friends with a NFL Cheerleader? Well I have been following and supporting Candess Correll from the jump and we finally get to sit down and talk about her intense career as a Redskins Cheerleader and Software Engineer. She’s a young black woman first. Tune in with me & Let’s get into it!!!
- Intro – A Saturday with Candess
- Road to the Pros
- NFL Auditions
- 15:40 – Are Cheerleaders Athletes Too?
- With Grace & Grit
- Pretty Privilege
- 25:00 – Pressure to Perform
- Balancing Life as a Black Engineer
- Facing Common Stereotypes
- Confidence is Key!
- 30:45 – Life Happens to Women
- Performing Pregnant
- We STILL Have A Job To Do
- Reaching Back in the Community
- 36:00 – 2020 Vision
- Career Goals & Aspirations
- Leaders vs. Followers
- Everybody Isn’t A Boss
- 41:00 – Misconceptions About Pay
- Money After Game Day
- Benefits of Redskins Cheer
- 45:00 – Corporate Girls Talk
- Balancing Two Worlds
- Dating A Professional Athlete
- The Alpha Female
- 52:30 – Game Round: This or That
- 57:00 – Candess’s Final Rules To The Game
- Outro – I Been On (Homecoming Live) by Beyoncé Knowles https://music.apple.com/us/album/i-been-on-homecoming-live/1459930448?i=1459930606
Thank you to our special guest!!!
Candess Correll – Professional NFL Cheerleader & Software Engineer
Follow us on social media & use hashtag #RulesToTheGame to join the conversation!
Instagram: @shann.sports @candesscee @damanigivens
Twitter: @rulestothegame_ @WRC_Candess
Directed & Produced by Damani Givens | Created & Hosted by Shannon Nichele